Sunday, September 23, 2012

Homemade Deodorant Review

I used this recipe
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Baking Soda
5 tbsp Coconut Oil
3 drops Lavender Essential oil

I must say I was a bit skeptical that this would work even though I know that Baking Soda is widely known for its deodorizing capabilities. Maybe it was because this simple recipe was I don't know, too good to be true? But I'm here to tell you folks, this works and I love it.

I've stopped using the usual deo I buy at the store and I'm sticking to this. That's how much I love it. 

PROS:
It's inexpensive
It works
You can make it to fit your taste (using essential oils)
It's safe to use 

CONS:
It melts when exposed to warm temperatures

************
I know I was suppose to use calamansi for at least 2 weeks but I ran out. My brother came to our house and he loves calamansi juice. hahaha... 

I like this one compared to the calamansi though because 
1. I don't like the kind of sticky feeling, the DIY deodorant is powdery and smooth while the calamansi is a bit sticky
2. When travelling, I think applying my DIY deo would be easier than having a bunch of calamansi in my bag

But for the sake of blogging, I will do a 2-week test on calamansi when I get to buy again. That's cause I've searched the net for some pictures if they really whitened the underarm. I was specifically finding for a before and after pictures and I have found none.

*update 01/14/13*
You should be careful with what oil you mix in because some oils leave stains. I used tea tree oil for 2 days.. That was a bad idea. It left yellow stains in every shirt I wore. :(

1 comment: