Friday, April 13, 2012

Shine Moist Henna Wax

My hair has always been dull and dry since after my hormones went haywire in high school and I have tried dozen of treatments even rebonding which has greatly damaged my hair. I only realized it 3 months after cause my hair now splits like crazy.

Anyway, I've seen this product in the salon, never really tried it there cause they said it would cost me 800 Php to be done on my hair and I know for a fact that one small tub costs just 185 Php. Excuse me for being such a scrooge at things like that but I really am like this. hahaha...

So, I decided to try it out. I chose black cause my hair has got crazy highlights that I am tired of already. I wanted to color at the same time moisturize my hair a bit. :) 

The small tub came with a pair of disposable plastic gloves and a plastic hair cap. 
When I opened it up it wasn't completely black. It was more of a violet for me. Oh well, it really doesn't bother me cause I have naturally black hair, I just want a dark shade to cover my bronzy hair. Ack! That was red before, I swear.. 
I didn't apply it with my hair dye brush (that has long been taken and made into a chew toy by our dog). I just applied it by layers using my hands (with gloves of course). I let it stay there about 30 minutes under my heating cap, then 40 minutes more without heat. I just want to make sure that my hair got the color cause my hair isn't really the color absorbing type.

Yes! My hair is now completely black and soft and shiny! I love it. >.<  One thing I hadn't been expecting though is that it helped take a bit of the frizz away. Yay! 

Tip:
1. Use an old towel when doing this at home cause the color will bleed.
2. Use your facial toner to remove stains on your skin. (It really works!)
3. Before reapplying, make sure the cleanse your hair with a good clarifying shampoo. You don't want to build up henna on your hair, it will make it rough and thick.


Update: It lasted for about 6-7 washes. I say 6 because at the 7th wash my hair turned slightly greenish. ugh... RE-APPLY! I think my tub will last about 2 more applications (I have long layered hair that reaches my chest).

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm also a fan of Shine Moist Henna Wax. I'm always using it after 3 days of applying my new hair dye and never nagdry ang hair ko. Mind checking out my blog as well? :) esclttrs.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm selling shine moist products.all authentic.feel free to check my fb page jewel's fab & glam shop;) thanks

    ReplyDelete