Friday, April 27, 2012

Testing my cheap eyeliners


I think the first makeup you'll love is either the eyeliner or the mascara. I knew this even before I fell in love with them myself cause these are the first things highschoolers have aside from the usual lipgloss/lipbalm. When I was in highschool, I didn't care much about makeup and those stuff, "food" was my main thing cause I was hungry all the time (salamat sa Cherifer) but I always remember my other classmates asking me to check their eyeliners, "pantay ba?". 

Eyeliners can make your eyes look bigger, smaller, almond shape, whatever shape you want your eyes to be. Then the mascara makes your eyes just beautiful, I think that's why it's one of the makeup essentials (so they say). Anyway, I'm not here to discuss them both, just eyeliners -- cheap eyeliners by the way. By cheap I mean Php200 and below. That's the usual price range for regular students like me.

Ok, so I got about 7 eyeliners. I just got the other 2 awhile ago and they are amazing. As soon as I opened them, I did a swatch test with the others and just wanted to share my findings with you guys. (whoever reads this note). So here goes the swatches... 
From Left to Right:
Avon Extralasting Liquid Eyeliner-Shimmering Black (Php 199)
Nichido Liquid Eyeliner-Black (Php 68)
Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner - Blackest Black (Php 199)
Nichido Eye Pencil - Blackest Black (Php 80)
Avon Mega Impact Gel Eyeliner - Blackberry (Php 199)
Avon Mega Impact Gel Eyeliner - Golden Fawn (Php 199)
Nichido Eye Pencil - Nice Gal (php 80)

After rubbing them with my sweaty hand.. hohoho...

3 passes



5 passes

I don't think I need to say anything more. I'm just happy with the 2 new eyeliners I got. Though maybe I could say a little bit more?

The Nichido Liquid Eyeliner is cheap, I think it's the cheapest eyeliner. Has a brush applicator but one problem is, it kinda stings at first. It stings my skin so I stopped using it. Maybe I'm allergic to one of its ingredients.. IDK.

The Nichido Pencil Eyeliners are ok. They're not great but ok. The white one was a bit disappointing. I saw my sister wearing this one when we went swimming and it looked fine on her so I bought one but when I wore it, it wasn't obvious-- I couldn't even see it!!

Avon Extralasting... Extralasting?? I don't think so. It's a bit greyish not really black. It has a felt tip applicator making it easy to apply which is the main reason why I bought it. (I was going to buy the in2it Rubber tip liquid eyeliner that day but they were out of stock)

Avon Glimmerstick doesn't glide on smoothly for me? I don't know. But the Gel eyeliners are so smooth and creamy. It's so bright and pigmented. One problem though, it might be hard to sharpen cause it's so soft but I still love it. I haven't tried it on my eyelid yet, but on my waterline, it's awesome!! I don't need to put liquid eyeliner on my lash line to stop it from melting to my cheeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment