Sunday, March 18, 2012

Olive oil to beautify

When I was in college I used to try all the home remedies out there. I watched youtube did some researching of my own then eventually tried them out. I've tried a lot and this time, I want to share what I experienced with using olive oil to beautify myself.

NOT EFFECTIVE:

First we'll start with those not effective stuff I did with myself using olive oil. Note here that I used Extra Olive Oil (EVOO) in every experiment I did.

1. EVOO to make your lashes longer and thicker.
This is not true! It's all over youtube and I tried it for more than a month people, applying it on the lashes and unto the base of lashes twice a day didn't work. Though it made my lashes softer and made it so easy to apply mascara.

2. EVOO as hot oil treatment for hair.
It made my hair heavy, oily and shiny. If you want that "shiny" that looks like you-didn't-take-a-bath-for-a-week shiny/oily. Plus, I had a difficult time removing the oil from my hair.

EFFECTIVE:

1. EVOO as makeup remover
I still use this today cause it easily removes those long lasting makeup, those that are hard to remove. It removes waterproof eyeliner so easily, no tugging or anything.

2. EVOO as a part of your body scrub and as moisturizer

This is so moisturizing to your skin that you instantly know just by feeling your skin, that this is healthy for you. Incorporate this to your salt/sugar scrubs or make your own homemade body scrub with this and feel the difference (more like importance) of having olive oil. I mix this with my favorite salt scrubs and the feeling of my skin after is one of the reasons why I look forward to scrub-bath days! ><

As a moisturizer, I use it on those really dry parts like my elbows or knees. Or mix it with some ineffective hotel lotion that was given to me just to consume those lotions. hahaha... then suddenly they'll become super effective. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment